How to Clean Marvin Replacement Window + Door Screens
CAUTION: Screens do not serve as a safety device. Do not allow children or pets to sit or play on window sills, push, or fall against window screens because it can lead to a fall through the window or door opening. Screens will not stop children from falling out of a window. Keep children away from open windows and follow these window safety tips.
· Most screens can be removed by pulling screen pull tabs toward the center of the unit until it clears the screen channel. Push the screen out to the exterior or toward you and turn diagonally to bring inside. Review the owner’s manual for specific instructions for different styles.
· Spray screens with clean water to remove dust and debris
· Let the screens completely dry before replacing
· When cleaning door screens, always work from the exterior of the door
· TIP: It’s recommended to remove screens in snowy climates because snow and ice can collect, causing the screen to sag.
Keep your Ultrex fiberglass and EverWood finish looking its best with our cleaning guides.Ultrex Cleaning Tips
Remove smudge marks and more from your window and door hardware by following our cleaning guide.Window + Door Hardware Cleaning
An annual check of your windows and doors can ensure they continue to work properly. Use our checklist to maintain your windows and doors.See the Checklist
If you’re ready to get started, discuss your replacement window and door options with a Marvin Replacement design consultant. We’re here to answer any questions you may have, and help make your project easy.